We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
What to Expect During Your Appointment
- You will have direct access from the parking lot to your treatment operatory. Each operatory has its own outside door that may be accessed from the parking lot.
- You will be asked some COVID-19 screening questions at the time of scheduling and asked to fill out the questionnaire online on our website as well. You will also be asked those same questions upon your arrival to your appointment. When you arrive to your appointment there will be numbers on the 3 outside entrances to each operatory. We will advise you of your operatory number at the time of scheduling. Please wait outside, with your mask on, until we can see you. At that time your temperature will be taken and a pulse oximeter reading taken. You will then be asked to enter the operatory and wash your hands. Please leave your mask on until you are asked to remove it.
- We ask that you please use the restroom at home prior to your visit. Our goal is to have you enter your treatment room and proceed with treatment uninterrupted so that the room remains as disinfected and as sterile environment as possible. Of course, should you need to use the restroom we do have an in office restroom available.
- Please only bring one additional person with you to your appointment and only if necessary.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have 2 Hyper HEPA air purifying units by IQ Air (https://www.iqair.com/commercial/compact-stand-alone-air-filtration/healthpro-series)
as well as a vacuum unit to suction any aerosol directly during treatment. Each filter alone covers the square footage of our office, so we have double the filtration for our office size.
- All payment and communication can be done over the phone or via email. No need to wait in a waiting room or have an exchange at the front desk if you prefer.